Thursday, January 1, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

New Year's Day in Philadelphia. My favorite thing in the world. Why? The Mummer's Parade. There is something about this that makes me absolutely giddy. Day Glo colors, glitter, and intoxication are a heady mix. 

In the spirit of Shoestring, I thought I'd share this video. A local group of artists in philly who share studios and galleries at Space 1026 decided last year to start their own brigade. It's pretty great. Also, check out their website for awesome practice videos of this years routine. Nice Thriller moves there robots...



Mummers in the Global Warming Induced Perpetual Summer

3 comments:

MB said...

i have Mummer envy! excellent, can't wait to hear more stories. Did you take photos? The more I read about 1026 the more I'm certain I need to take a road trip and see the place and meet the people. See you soon, travel safely.

Faux Press said...

Huldra, this is YOUR group?

Fantabulous.

I'm a big fan of the parade genre.

Stirs the heart :)

Oh, yeah.

HULDRA PRESS said...

No, I'm not part of the group, but have enjoyed their shows and events for many years.