Sunday, December 21, 2008

Go to DC


Today I saw the most beautiful art show I have seen in ages. The Sackler and Freer (Smithsonian Asian Art Museum) has always been my favorite stop for art in D.C. but today was the most breath taking show I've clamped eyes on there yet. The show is called Garden and Cosmos :: The Royal Paintings of Jodhpur. The colors and imagery blew me away... the website doesn't do it justice so you'll need to head to the district yourself....


Oh and while in DC make sur
e to keep your eyes peeled for the dozen or so GIANT wheatpastes put up all over town by Shephard Fairey. He had a show at the Arrested Motion Gallery recently and then hit the street. He's most recently famous for his Obama Hope/Change/Etc. posters but I think his work goes much deeper than that...
Shephard's Site


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting people in interesting places doing interesting things...

love me the ShoeStringers!