Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Postcard Reclamation Project



So in January I started the Postcard Reclamation Project as a way to reuse and give new life to all of the old postcards I have lying around my house. I hate to throw out old mail so this project serves as a way for me to take something old but dear and reuse it.

THE PROCESS
Artist cards, souvenir cards, and random postcards are partially sanded and painted before being letterpress printed and collated into groups of five. Lots of layers of ink and chance operation make no two cards alike.
The collated cards are packaged with a handprinted belly band that has a description of the project.

Cards are available at my etsy site.

1 comment:

MB said...

and they are absolutely perfect in execution and packaging and only the BEST IDEA EVER! for breathing new life into old postcards. Everything is more than one thing, one time...